Shoemaker / Mullet Edition
At times I find myself with a free Saturday in New York City. I love trying to turn these days away from home into something practical. This time I hit the jackpot with a shoe making class in Hoboken with Rebecca. Not to blow the headline, but I made these shoes! They are vegan leather and incredibly comfortable. We went from patterns, to sewing to construction. It was a great day and I learned loads! 10 hours later, I knew more specialized vocabulary that I could have imagined and I was terribly proud to wear these to work the following Monday. Wall Street has never been that cool.
"The Mullet"
The sole and the last.
The overwhelming vegan leather options!
Cutting out the patterns.
All the components!
As beautiful on the inside as they will be on the outside.
Rebecca on a very unique sewing machine.
This tool reminds me of a dinosaur or alien. Jury is still out, but what a great tool!
Looking like a shoe!
Instructor ninja support.
Sully the shoemaker support hound. Love this boy!
Mid-construction image.
Heat gun madness.
Specialized tool spotlight!
Toe-cap installed and looking like a shoe.
Working on mastering the nails. (Photo Credit to Curtis)
Glue Drying (Photo Credit to Curtis)
Shoes Drying (Photo Credit to Curtis)
After a little grind!
Business in the front...
Party in the back!!!
I dubbed this shoe the mullet due to the business-like front end and the sparkle and flair on the back end. It pretty much sums up my dichotomies. The greatest compliment was from our most fashion forward leader at work Monday leaning in and saying, "Those shoes you had on were absolutely fabulous." It's the little things!
For more information on this urban adventure, check out this link to the experience: https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/143435
























Comments
Post a Comment