Puerto Rico Revisited

In April of 2018, I was fortunate to be in Puerto Rico.  I had a million great adventures over a weekend, had a blog in the chute and then life erupted.  I will finish that in good time, but I loved the country so much I encouraged a family vacation back to the island.  Today was our first full day on Vieques Island and it made me remember how much I enjoy the little things and how many little things are on a beach.  Our two mile beach walk was a complete departure from reality as my brain absorbed every detail, shape, contrast and texture on the ground.  Here are a few wins from the day:

My goal since I've been an airline miles baller has been to get my Dad on a first class flight to somewhere.  The last 24 hours got us that and a ride in a tiny plane to a tiny island (just like the real ballers!)

Not everyone loves small prop planes.  I only stifled a few giggles at the major juxtaposition of emotions.  


Coconut Beach - Esperanza

Sand gator, palm tree?  Who knows?

Colony Meeting


Purple Plants are the best!



Team Pedicure!



Mysterious eyeball like things on the beach. What plant or creature do these belong too?


Sandscape Landscape

Snail ritual? Sub-committee meeting?


Fantastically creepy pier with no boards on it.  It was both nauseating and riveting.


It was a good day and I can only hope the rest of the inaugural family trip goes so smooth.  Here's to the tiny things and all the crazy beauty that can come surging out of the ocean.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okie Travelers - Food, Fun and Fish

Buffalo River Journey - Two Fierce Women and a Dog

Glory Hole Hike - Yelling at Frogs and Other Adventures