Shenzhen Parks and Rec
You can spend your down time in the gym, hanging with Netflix, eating, or pacing the mall, but I choose outside, and in particular, parks. The parks in China are tidy (people literaly sweep leaves off the paths) and plants are arranged just so. The last few days I've had time in the afternoons to go on park adventures. As per my usual recommendation, GET OUTSIDE! There are things to see out there! People to meet!
This might be my favorite park in the world. Unaccustomed to seeing it on a weekend, it was full of families, proud and terrible karaoke, kite flyers, couples strolling hand in hand and one American with a book and writing materials. I don't know why I enjoy it so, but I find I'm always hoping to come back to it somehow.
These signs lead to quiet places and always up into the forest.
In April, this lake was clear of all plants. What a surprise!
Epic karaoke. Some even featured an accompanying dancer. It is so loud and there is a lot of passion. Can't beat confidence.
The design on this can of orange Fanta explains exactly how I felt about finding it. It is in the high 80s here in Shenzhen and this was almost euphoria inducing.
Couldn't resist adding a photo of this building that stretches way beyond the frame. It looks like the business tower of some comic super villan.
10/16/16 - Shenzhen Xianu Botanical Garden
This adventure took a little more travel effort, but it was intriguing in it's own ways. The highlight was trying to take a nap in a pagoda, looking up to see the second largest spider I've ever seen in my life and then not being able to nap...
Bamboo Forest
The Palentology Museum didn't pull any punches with the exhibit. Dinner's on!
Great fossil specimens.
Some people had bags of turtles on the way in, some on the way out. I'm not quite sure what the intent or plan for these turtles may be.
I don't know what lies on that hill in the distance, but if I could have found a trail, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.
In China, interesting things seem to always be located at the top of a serious flight of steps.
I always appreciate the gods at Buddhist temples. They seem to have a baseline level of rage that I can appreciate.
This is the "Petrified Forest." A collection of petrified tree specimens from all over the world. So strange.

































Comments
Post a Comment