Annual Sugar on the Floor Float - Mom's on the River

I'm blessed with a lot of mothers, but I have three in particular that are also adventure companions, encouragers, sounding boards, chefs, musicians and so much more.  This weekend, we took on a leisurely float with outfitting fit for queens.  There was so much laughing that ribs hurt, naps and reading time, epic meals on the river side and a Buffalo River morning that rivals any morning anywhere.  It wouldn't do justice to put words to it, but I would only encourage you to look at the photos and dream of your own adventures, then make them happen.

Pre-float prep recommendations: popcorn, cupcakes, Cards Against Humanity (so many gasps) and laughing, lots of laughing.


Julie and Mim

Joanie rocking the Remix

Turns out the Big Tuna (renamed Marge the Barge) doubles as a SUP.

Mim in the Remix Coupe


Hilarity continues...

Collect firewood along the way?  Heck yes!

Got sticks?

Stick wings?

Best morning view ever.

Serious morning discussions around the campfire.





Morning companions.




Julie on the move.

Last shoal!

"Clean" after a swim and ready to go roust up some tacos!

Find your adventure.  Don't wait for it to find you.  Find people you love to plan adventures and run into the sunset.  I promise you won't be disappointed if you go for it.

Comments

  1. You ladies, and I do mean ladies, obviously had a fun adventure. And although I might be just a little biased..... Any adventure planned by my sweeeet Lindi, is most always guaranteed to be a fun time that will be remembered as well as talked about by all involved. And by talked about, I am sure that my Kiddo has, from time to time, tested my 63 year old limits to the max, wait, TO THE MAX..!!!! I am jealous to not be there but always look forward to any upcoming future adventures.. Looking good ladies..!!

    Daddo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okie Travelers - Food, Fun and Fish

Buffalo River Journey - Two Fierce Women and a Dog

Glory Hole Hike - Yelling at Frogs and Other Adventures