Summertime in Chicago

I had fully committed to an evening of Netflix and resting, but as usual, outside called me out. The evening was nothing remarkable, but sitting at the edge of Lake Michigan, talking to someone near and dear and watching the city version of outdoor recreation was refreshing.  A longer walk than anticipated (this happens with great frequency), some excellent food and a deep breath go a long way. I'm thankfult to have people in my life to remind me that I do love the adventures, great and small, that my career affords.  These are the same people that are patient with me when I go on an on about the shady seagull that's giving me the sweet eyes while I wonder about how perfectly his little feet are to walk on wet rocks.  Thanks for a chill evening Chicago.  Sorry I haven't given you a better chance in the past.  

The diversity in architecture in this image is one endearing thing about Chicago.  Thank you liberal arts degree for helping me be aware of such things.

Lake Michigan sunset.  If you close your eyes, you could hear locusts, leaves rustling, water lapping, people and dogs splashing on the beach and the odd dull roar of traffic that runs along the lake front.  It's almost pleasant without that last element.  


Pirate ship at the Navy Pier.  I checked, there was no booty.

Keep an eye out for this seagull.  He's cheeky, has a lot of dexterity in his feet and isn't afraid to hop from wet rock to wet rock....








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okie Travelers - Food, Fun and Fish

Buffalo River Journey - Two Fierce Women and a Dog

Glory Hole Hike - Yelling at Frogs and Other Adventures