Be a Child, No Really, It's OK.
I'd heard of the Garden of Gods, but didn't fully understand the grandness of it all. How could big red rocks be anything but intriguing? It was more than intriguing. The sun splashes across the surface creating rich green, ash, orange, red! The sun moves, the color changes. The best part is that this happens everyday. No matter what we do, the sun rises, the sun sets and on it goes. Standing at the base of these massive expressions of nature, it was clear that I am by no means insignificant, but I am not consistent, I am not forever and when I'm gone, these rocks will still be here being painted by light every day. It is my desire to be in touch with these rhythms; to align myself to what the universe does every day and in doing so, create some balance and connectedness with something bigger than myself.
If you haven't been, I'd recommend it. Go see the sunrise light the snow of Pike's Peak. Go watch the sunset and the critters that come out to greet dusk. Go feel how grounded and simple it can all be. And when it hits you that you are just a child to this ancient universe, play! Climb the rocks. Peek in the bushes. Get some dust on your britches. Gawk at the mule deer. Smile until your face hurts. It's all quite ok.












Comments
Post a Comment